Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A wahMom's Goals for her kids

As a member of a fastpitch forum, I was once asked, "What are your long term goals for your children?" Well, seeing as how it was a fastpitch forum and I've been involved with fastpitch softball since the age of 9, it surprised me that not one softball-related thought came to mind.

The goals that did come to mind came quickly and certainly. I want my children to be independent and responsible. I want my children to be able to stand on their own and not have to depend on anyone else for survival or success. I want them to be responsible enough to make good decisions and avoid careless actions and words. I want them to be responsible enough to adequately handle any consequences that occur because of their own choices instead of looking for someone to have pity on them because they are in a situation that is a direct result of the decisions they made. Integrity? Honor? Decency? I feel those traits are all bundled into someone who is independent and responsible. Those are my long term goals for each of my children. I just hope I raise them well enough to reach those goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home