Thursday, September 08, 2005

Why be a WAHM?

I just added another item to my list of reasons why I want to be a full-time WAHM.

Gas Prices!!!

On Labor Day I filled up the gas tank for my car. As we drove away from the station, we saw an employee updating the pricing for gas at that station. I filled up at $2.99/gallon, they were changing the price for that same grade of gas to $3.11/gallon. By the following afternoon it was at $3.26/gallon!

On top of that, my day job office location moved just over a month ago. Instead of working 13 traffic-free miles from home, I now commute 20+ miles one way and at least a quarter of those miles are no longer traffic-free! It's not only the gas that bugs me, it's the time. My total commute time prior to the move was about 45 minutes. Now we're talking double that. That's another 45 minutes - 1 hour that I spend away from my family each working day.

Just more motivation for me to work at becoming a full-time WAHM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home