Monday, September 12, 2005

Website look on a Mac - Yikes!

I had the opportunity this weekend to take a look at my website on an iMac at my MIL house. Yikes! Because I gave the website width a certain value, the site was too wide for an iMac monitor. You had to scroll to the right to see everything. Not good at all, very unprofessional. So this morning I made changes to each page and it should be displaying better on different monitors now. Whew!

I'm also very excited because 4 visitors signed up to receive mailings at my site! It's unbelievable how much difference a few words can make. Again, I have to credit Mom Masterminds ~ it's because of the resources there that I was able to see that I needed to make a change and that I knew how to improve. What a difference. I had a link to sign up for mailing for weeks now and nothing....after I made my changes I had 4 sign-ups in less than 48 hours ~ no exaggeration. I even changed my sign-up process from a single opt-in to a double opt-in and received confirmation today from all four people that they did in fact want to begin receiving mailings from me! Now I just need to put the finishing touches my newsletter and send these people their very first mailing from AllAboutFastpitch.com.

My next goals are:
1. finish a press release
2. finish another article

I also really need to get back on track with my Dynamite Sports work. I've sort of put it on the back burner with all the work I've been doing on my site. I actually have a presentation to do this evening at 7:15 for a local soccer club. Hopefully that goes well. I've also learned sales tips from Mom Masterminds that I can use with my Dynamite Sports work. I hope to incorporate those tips at tonight's meeting.

I'll be back later with more WAHM news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home