Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas Dinner follow-up

To follow up on my Christmas party post, DH and I did have a great time at my company party. DH tried sake for the first time. It was cold sake (some sake is served warm). It looked like water. DH said it was sweet, but did still taste like alcohol going down. We went to a Japanese restaurant were we ordered a bunch of different types of meat, seafood, and vegetables and cooked it ourselves. Now that I think about it, that doesn't seem fair ~ LOL. You pay a "sit down and dine price" but cook your own food. Well, we weren't paying for it so I won't complain. :)

One strange thing about this place we ate at was that the owner of our company wanted to drink Chardonnay. She was going to order a glass for herself, then asked about just getting the bottle since some other people wanted to have some too. By the glass it was $3.95. When they came back to let her know what the price was going to be for the bottle, they said it would be $90.00! First of all, according to the wine drinkers at the party, the brand they had wasn't worth anywhere near $90.00. Second, would we have even gotten 10 glasses of wine out of that bottle? I don't think so. It would only cost us $39.50 to buy 10 glasses of wine ~ why should we pay $90.00 for the bottle? How mento is that? I thought it was supposed to be less costly to buy it by the bottle. LOL

Anyway, we did have a good time and the owner actually took a moment to say how great a contribution to the company she thinks I am. That was nice, but uncomfortable in a way because I don't take compliments well. Mostly because I don't agree with half of them. I do expect to be good at what I do, but I'm no superwoman and she makes me sound like one.

So.....with just my two days of having a babysitter per week, I'm still going to go into the office as much as I can. They want me to stay on with them for as long as possible. They do plan on bringing in another employee that can be there all the time. It really is best if someone is there on a daily basis so that's a good thing. I won't have the burden all on me to take care of everything during the limited time I'm there. The company is determined to work something out so that I can stay on board. So at this point, I will continue to work on the days that I can. We'll just have to see how things go. If it is a positive situation all the way around then we'll roll with it. I really hope we find someone good that will help us all be more efficient. I think this is actually a blessing in disguise for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home