Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Problem with turning 30?

One day last week it hit me ~ this is the year I turn 30. 30! That sound so grown up. I so do not feel as "adult" as that sounds. I've always thought of myself as a "young mom", after all, I was only 19 when my oldest was born. Now I'm just "regular mom" age. Not as special. Thirty sounds like someone that's reached the "when I grow up" age.

I've also always thought of DH and I as young people getting a jump on saving for retirement. Now we're "regular aged" people and our "jump" is not what I would have liked it to be. Financially, we're not quite where we'd planned, but we're already taking steps to change that and get back on track by end of the year so I'm not really worried about that.

I remember hearing other people talk about turning 30 and I didn't understand why that made it sound like such a big deal, such and unreal thing. It's just another number. I never thought I'd have much of a problem with it. I don't know if I really have a problem with it, I just can't believe it. Lucky for me, my birthday is in the last month of the year. So to all of us out there born in the bi-centennial year of 1976 ~ this is the year we turn 30. Some of us have already reached that milestone. DH will reach it before me since his birthday is in October, but sooner or later, we'll all be there. Are you ready?

2 Comments:

Blogger Montana1 said...

Turning 30? I wish... I'm rounding 50 this year and look back at 30 with fond memories. Enjoy it. You know the old saying, "It goes by so quickly."

I also wish I was in Hawaii instead of freezing my butt off in Montana. Hawaii is one of my favorite places on earth. I've been twice to Hawaii; once to Oahu and once to the Big Island. Hawaii is the most relaxing place in the world.

So carry on and enjoy life, especially on the islands.

10:30 AM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

I'll be 30 this year in October. I always said I wouldn't care or make a big deal when I turned 30 but now that it is approaching, I'm getting scared...lol...I don't want to be out of my 20s...:)

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home