Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Big House Cleaning!

Well, it was more like a big living room cleaning, but still. I was watching the tv show "Sell this House" and I got inspired to declutter and straighten up my living room. One of our end table had become a catch all for mail, keys, and other assorted small things that didn't have a home. Near my desk I had piled up all kinds of stuff (mostly junk) that didn't belong there. Then we had a number of things under our other end table and a bunch of papers piled on top of my desk.

So.....I went through all those "catch all"/cluttered areas, and cleaned up! I threw away a lot of rubbish and found homes for the many things that had sort of just been dumped waiting for a home. Anything else, I just put out in the garage to deal with later. I just knew I didn't want it in the living room. So that's my next project - go through the garage and declutter there. I'm sure there is a lot that we don't need and a lot that can be put away better.

I can see much more carpet now that I could before and there is nothing on our sofa or our loveseat! It's so nice to have a decluttered living room. I had to take pictures because I don't know how long it will last or when it will be this way again, but I hope we can keep it this way from now on. With four kids, it's not always easy. I don't know how some moms do it ~ their house is just spotless! Now that my children are getting older and they most certainly can clean up after themselves, I need to make it a point to see that they do so and that they have some pride in their home and help keep it clean!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home