Wednesday, May 24, 2006

WAHM kick in the butt!

For a number of business reasons, my job has decided to end my employee position there and put me on a consultant type basis. I'd be an independent contractor paid by the hour when they need my services/knowledge, etc. Since summer is a typically slower time of year for the business anyway, my last day of work as an "employee" is June 15th. My medical is paid through the end of June and after my last day, I'll more of less have the summer off. I don't foresee getting called in all that often to work. So....that means I'm getting a WAHM kick in the butt. That step that I'd been hesitant to take, quitting my day job altogether, has now been thrust upon me. This may just be the kick I need to take earning from home to the next level. I will take some time to find a schedule that works for me and my children and allows me to be more productive and earn more money at home.

Thankfully, my youngest daughter is now in her last month of pre-school, so the major bill that my paycheck used to take care of is gone. Financially this change shouldn't hurt us at all. I'm sure it will take some time before I find a good balance between taking care of family and taking care of my business, but I know everything will work out in the end. I'm actually quite excited at the thought of being in complete control of my time and activities. I look forward to eliminating my drive to and from town (especially with gas prices the way they are)! Anyway - wish me luck. As of June 16th, I will no longer work outside the home. And I'm actually quite happy about that!

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home