Sunday, December 10, 2006

Couple Time Is Cool

Wow - I just had a surprising, but very nice weekend. I say surprising because we, unexpectedly, didn't have any kids with us this weekend. My oldest is still in PA so of course, she wasn't home.

Then Thursday my SIL came by and my girls wanted to go home with her to sleep over and to cruise with their cousins. Well, my SIL had to work the next day (Friday), but she told them she'd come by after work to pick them up so they could sleep over. She was planning to come back to our neighborhood on Saturday afternoon anyway to watch a Christmas parade. I figured she'd take the two girls, but that my son would stay home since he's kind of a mama's boy recently. When I came home from softball practice on Friday I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he went with his sisters. We expected to get the kids back after the parade on Saturday, but they didn't come back. They didn't even call! Turns out they were having lots of fun at Aunty's house and ended up coming back home Sunday evening.

DH and I, though we love our kids, took FULL advantage of the time alone and went out to dinner on Friday night. DH came home early from work on Saturday and we went to lunch. On Sunday we got to go to a Christmas brunch with some of our high school classmates. So we squeezed in a "date" each day and just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company all weekend. It was so, so nice. I used to be one of those moms that always worried too much when the kids were away. But this time it was easy not to worry because they were the ones that wanted to go and we know my SIL will take good care of them. Plus she knows how to get ahold of us "just in case." So I gave myself the green light to just enjoy the opportunity to have some couple time with my husband. I don't remember the last time we had a night out without the kids, and who knows when it will happen again, so it certainly wasn't an opportunity to waste.

I hope your weekend was great too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home