Friday, October 28, 2005

Feedburner fix

For some reason, the feed for my softball blog wasn't working properly. I think it had something to do with changing over hosting for my softball site. The feed would only show my Aug. 30 post as my most recent. Even though I've posted many, many times since then, my feed wasn't updating. It still showed the Aug. 30 post as the most recent entry. That was the last post I made before switching hosting companies in the beginning of September. I don't know if the problem is related to the change or not, but that's the only thing I could think of.

I'm still not exactly sure what the problem was, but I ended up changing the server path where blogger publishes my feed to. Then I went back to feedburner and burned a new feed with the new location. That seems to work fine. I'm not too worried about the change because I didn't have much of a readership with the old feed. I'm thinking that Aug. 30 showing as my most recent post may have been discouraging people from requesting my feed??? It probably looked like I didn't really keep up with entries. We'll see if this correction helps circulation or readership at all.

I'm just glad I have a feed that's up to date!

1 Comments:

Blogger jc said...

Hi,

You can also edit your existing Feedburner feed and update your new source feed path there. Once you login and select your feed, you will see a link at the top, just below your feed title, that says Edit Feed Details. It will have a spot to update your source feed address.

Feel free to check out our forums or contact us if you have any further questions.

Thanks.
jessie chavez
Feedburner Team

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home