Sunday, January 15, 2006

I don't like weddings

LOL ~ actually, I do like attending weddings, but planning them ~ ugghhh! What a pain. My SIL got married yesterday. She had a big wedding party 23 total counting groomsmen, bridesmaids, flower girls, and ring bearers. There were 400 people on the guest list for a back yard reception. Seeing all of the different aspects that need to be coordinated and overseen made me realize one thing ~ when my 3 daughters get married, we are getting a wedding coordinator!!!! Yes, it may cost more, but I want to be able to enjoy the experience and having to stay on top of all the details to make sure everything is in order is just toooooo much stress! Of course, it'd have to be a really good wedding coordinator....maybe I should start looking now. My oldest is 9 yrs old ~ if she gets married at the same age I did, she'll be married in 10 yrs! *sigh* ~ hopefully her timeline is a bit more delayed than mine. My SIL and her now husband almost went without a videographer ~ she really wanted one and although the expense was a concern, I'm so glad she insisted on it. They finalized the videographer on Monday for her Saturday wedding and the result was priceless. The video shown at the reception was unbelievable! The company did such an excellent job. I didn't cry at the ceremony, but that video brought tears to quite a few eyes. It was so beautiful! What a great keepsake for them to have for their special day.

Against much "advice" my SIL also insisted that the guys be dressed in ivory. Another great choice ~ the men looked stunning! My husband was in the wedding party ~ he looked so handsome. I was also in the wedding party and it was a treat for DH to see me all done up. I'll have to get copies of the pics the photographers took of the two of us. Maybe I'll be able to post one here.

Anyway ~ there was quite a bit that did not go as planned, but it was still an beautiful day and a beautiful wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home