Saturday, March 25, 2006

Asking for another

Okay, please tell me that all babies do this. My youngest daughter (4) asked me if I could have another girl baby. Now you have to understand, I already have 3 girls. I told don't know about that - I already had 3 girl babies, her and her sisters. So then she asks, "Can I have another brother then?" (My one son is the youngest - 15 months). My daughter, because she's the "baby" girl, has never had a baby sister, just a baby brother. I never intended to have more than 4 kids, but my daughter is just one of those kids that's so hard to say no to. She was so cute when she asked. I know that's a terrible reason to go out and have another child, but I seem to be the only one that feels like stopping at 4.

All I know is that I told myself if I ever get talked into having a 5th child, I am NOT working outside the home period. It's just not happening. I worked during my last pregnancy and did not like it one bit. I had no energy for anything else. It seemed so unfair that I'd start my day at work which sucked out all the energy I had, then family and the house and the dogs all had to follow after that and get "tired out" me instead of the me that was rested and as energized as a pregnant person could get.

Okay, I'm rambling, but please tell me that all "babies" of families ask for more babies and all parents have to go through just saying no to this request. Then I won't feel so bad that I'm not giving my kids more siblings. Ever since my son was born, everyone has been asking me whether or not I'm having more kids. From family, to neighbors, to friends, to high school players that I coach, to my kids who don't seem to mind the fact that one more child would take a little more of Mommy's time and attention away from them. On top of that, the way people ask isn't in a manner that implies they think I shouldn't have more kids. It's more of a "Are you going to have any more because it would be cool" type of tone that's used. At first when people asked, I just used to say "No comment" instead of "No" so as not to jinx myself. Now I just answer with a question of my own, "Don't you think 4 is enough?" I don't know, I'm begining to wonder if I'm supposed to have more than just 4....

2 Comments:

Blogger Low Hesket said...

Hi Stacey - I came to look at your blog after all the great advice you gave me on WAHM. I honestly think 4 children is enough, and I don't think you are being cruel to your kids by not having another.

I have two children and three step children, and if I had any more, I would worry that I would mislay one!

I'm enjoying reading your blog, but how do you move your adsense ads? Mine just sits at the very top of the first page, and that's it.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

I pasted the Google code into my blog template in the area I wanted it to show up.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home