Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Has Spring Break Arrived?

When do your kids go on spring break?

My daughter's are already one their break and they don't go back to school until April 3rd! Thankfully my mom took a week of vacation from work during one of the week's they'll be home and she'll be looking after them the two days of the week that I go in to my "day job". On one of the other days that week, we've planned to spend a day at the beach.

I can't even remember the last time I've done that. I know our days at the beach were very limited while I was pregnant with my son (now 15 months). We also avoided the beach when he was very young because he is quite fair and I didn't want him in the sun all day long. Of course, with softball running 10 out of the 12 months of the year, it's tough to find a free weekend. Oh wait - I remember, we did go to the beach a few days last summer. DH's family was "camping" at the beach, so we visited a couple of afternoons. Isn't it strange that someone, actually an entire family, can live on an island and not go to the beach more than once in a year?

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

I tagged you at carrielauth.com/blog :)

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home