Monday, April 03, 2006

Got a new toy, I mean printer for business

Yay! I finally got a new printer. I had been putting it off because I don't like to just go out an buy something like that. I like to shop around because otherwise I'd be sick to see something better for cheaper one week later. Well, I'm finally done shopping around!

Yesterday was my MIL b-day and we couldn't figure out what to get her. So I told DH, why don't we print out a bunch of pics of our family and put it in an album for her. Cool idea - one problem. My printer doesn't work - well, I liked the idea so much I decided it was a great reason to stop putting off buying a printer and go out and get one. After "trying it out" on this personal project, this is going to be my business printer, so I wrote down the expense I have in the monthly expense log I now keep thanks to Mom Masterminds. They have this cool expense log you can just print out and keep track of expsense on. I like it. Anyway, back to the printer.

I love it! It's a Canon which I've never bought before, but it had a much higher dpi than the HP's I was looking at. Plus it has a cool screen that can flip forward or lay down. I need it to flip forward because my printer is above everything else on my desk. I can see the top of it from my seat. Anyway, my favorite thing about it so far is that it's faster than I expected. I mean, yeah, it said 30 ppm black and 24 ppm color, but that's usually when you're doing "draft" type prints, when you do higher quality type prints, like for photos, I've seen printers slow down quite significantly. But this one definitely has speed to my liking. I printed out over 100 4" X 6" photos for my MIL's album and this baby kept up with me fine. I wasn't waiting for hours for the printing to finish.

This one also has the separate color cartridges instead of the tri-color, so we'll see how that goes. I know I'll be much happier to go out and buy a $13 magenta cartridge if that's all I need vs. having to toss the entire tri-color cartridge and buy a replacment for $35+.

So anyway, I got a cool printer, a whole set up back up ink cartridges, a box of 100 sheets of photo paper, and a 2-year replacement plan for the printer - all for less than $500.00, which I will deduct for taxes next year. :) Oh, in case you were wondering, this is a Canon Pixma MP800.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home