Saturday, July 01, 2006

Getting the Sliver

The Sliver is a phone available through Cingular wireless. DH and I are switching over from Nextel mostly because the reception through Cingular is much, much better where DH works. The second reason being that it will cost us less per month and that is nice considering that I am now at-home full time without that steady, secure, twice a month paycheck.

So, my new goal for business is to earn enough money so that, in two years, I'll be able to upgrade my phone to one of those that I can use to check my e-mail and browse the internet. One with a nice screen and the 1.0 MP camera too! I never wanted one of those because they were always so bulky and tough to type on, but phone have come quite a ways. I'm sure in two years, they'll be even better. Also by then, I'll need to be earning enough to pay for the additional data services to be able to do all those cool things, send text and picture messages, check e-mail, surf the internet, etc.

But for now, DH and I look forward to getting the sliver. It comes with a cable and memory card so that we can hold 100 songs on there. It is iTunes compatible, which we already have. Though the camera is only a VGA camera, this pictures come out pretty good for display on the phone. Some people don't care about the camera feature, but I like to carry pictures of my kids with me and that's an easy way to do it. So I like the camera feature!

We just placed our order last night, so I'm not sure when we'll get the phones, but I can't wait. It's also so nice that you can carry over your "old" cellular number to your new wireless service now days. It used to be such pain to have to give out a new number in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home