Friday, July 28, 2006

Man can kids be frustrating

Grrrr.....okay, just had to get that out. My daughter who is in 2nd grade is ALWAYS the last one off the table when it comes to homework. It's because she doesn't just sit and do it. She goes and plays with her brother. She goes and makes her a snack. She does everything else but her homework. Then when it's time to go to softball practice she's rushing. I told her today and if she's not done, she stays home. She said she needed help. She didn't want help, she wanted me to give her answers. When I didn't give them to her, she started crying. Of course, she's not getting anything done while she's crying. So finally I tell, her forget it, stay home.

Then she starts crying and saying she wants to come with us. I tell her, "No." She said she'll do her homework. I tell her we're leaving in 10 minutes (keep in mind she'd been crying and stuck on the same question for the last half hour and still have 3 questions to answer). Oh.....but now finally she's ready to listen and use her brain. She finishes the questions correctly in the 10 minutes then proceeds to go outside and help with the dogs without grumbling (which is usually another issue and struggle altogether). Ugghhhh ~ why couldn't she do that half an hour ago without all the crying and frustration!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tsoniki said...

Sometimes kids can be so tough! I hope practice was fun, since doing the homework wasn't. LOL

:) Tsoniki

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home