Monday, August 14, 2006

Busy week ahead

Well, I stuck to my schedule of very limited work over the weekend (just checking e-mail and replying to more urgent ones). However, now that the week is here I have a lot going on. The first thing is the teleseminar I have tonight. I have to secure a sitter for my son! Once I have that set, I'll be fine. Then this week we have softball practice today and tomorrow, Wednesday off, and a tournament Thurs-Sun. So that will take up a lot of time and energy. I must make sure that I rearrange my work load accordingly so that I have everything taken care of before the tournament starts. It's great that I have the Blackberry though. That will allow me to relax at the field all day on Friday (usually a slow day anyway) and check up on things as the day goes on so that nothing slips.

I'm looking forward to this softball tournament (my daughters 10U team), but I don't think we'll win any games. We won our first two games for this summer season on Saturday, but those teams will not be in the tournament. Plus all summer, we've been playing with a run cap per inning. The tournament is regular softball rules (bat 9, play 9). In a way that's good, but it's also pressure as a coach because all parents want to see their child play and it may not happen. But then again, if we're getting beat up, then there's no reason to keep players on the bench and keep the best ones in. We can let everyone play. But then that's another thing - then the parents will be disappointed because their daughter is on a crappy team. *sigh* - it's all part of coaching that I have to get used to. It's so great though that I don't work a "day job" - I can make sure my work is taken care of and focus everything on the girls I coach! I don't need to worry about asking to leave work early. I don't need to worry about the fact that since Friday is Admissions Day the games will run during the day. I know I can be there and not worry about what my boss has to say - I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home