Sunday, October 15, 2006

Earthquake Scare

Whew - we experienced an earthquake this morning here in Hawaii and that was a scary experience. It wasn't super bad like ones that have hit other parts of the world, including California, but it was still a bit scary. I woke up to my whole house shaking and my kids screaming running into my room.

My first thought was that things here aren't built for handling earthquakes. I'm just glad my family was together and safe. Power did go out across just about the whole state for most of the day. I know the Big Island got hit harder than we did here and we can only hope and pray that the families there are doing okay. As far as I've heard there were no fatalities and no major injuries. I'm just so thankful that my family is safe, our house is in tact, and our power has been restored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home