Thursday, October 12, 2006

Wishing my SIL luck

I'm wishing my SIL luck because her and her husband have been trying for a baby for a few months and I know she's testing on Saturday to see if this is their month. I can't imagine what it must be like to try and try and try and test every month and nothing. I'm very thankful that conceiving has always been pretty easy for DH and I. I know that is not the case with every couple. Some couples go through so much to bring a new life into this world. And I'm guessing, one thing that has to get to them is the many women out there getting rid of their babies because they'd rather not have them.

An article in Ms. Magazine talked about a petition and how people signed this petition “to save lives and to spare other women the pain of socially imposed guilt.” Their purpose was “to repeal archaic and inhuman [anti-abortion] laws.”

Socially imposed guilt? -First of all, in the situation of pregnancy out of wedlock in which the woman chooses to engage in pre-marital sex, any guilt felt is not "socially imposed" it is entirely "self-imposed." She was in full control of her own series of choices that got her into the situation in which she may experience so called "socially imposed" guilt.

Inhuman anti-abortion laws? And abortions are the complete opposite of inhuman?

As you can see I'm very pro-life. But anyway - that's off the subject....I'm wishing my SIL luck with her home pregnancy test this weekend. I hope she finally gets the result she wants. If not, we'll just have to keep supporting her and her husband in their efforts. I know by now it must be rather trying to continue receiving negatives so we're rooting for a positive result!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home