Monday, September 18, 2006

Fun in the bouncy castle

This weekend we went to this free community event where there were lots of vendor booths (crafts, products, etc), food booths, entertainment, and rides and games for the kids.

There was also a couple of bouncers - two big ones and one little one for the little kids. My son, age one, qualifies as a "little" kid so I bought him a script so he could go jump. The script was a dollar, but that's another story.

Watching him in the bouncer was so much fun. It was so cute! He loves to jump, but he's not even two yet, so it was just so funny to watch him. When he jumps he brings his knees up toward his chest and gets his arms into it. Plus when someone else jumps on the same hump, he gets bounced even higher up into the air. I wanted to record it with my camera, but it was too dark because it was night time. I tried to get some pics, but that wasn't very easy to do through the net. Plus each time I finally get a good shot of him up in the air, some other kid is between him and the camera. *sigh* That's okay, he had lots of fun and I had fun watching him enjoy himself so much.

Makes me want to go out and buy one of those things so he can jump every day. It's funny, every time I see a small kids with some extravagant toy, I think "What were his parents thinking?" or "What a spoiled kid that must be" and here I am thinking of buying my son a whole bouncy thing because I saw him have fun in it once. LOL Sometimes, as moms, our desire to see our kids happy overwhelms the ability to do what's truly best for them.

...I'd still go out and buy one of those bouncy things if I could afford it and had a good place to put it. Hey....maybe I could rent it out to neighbors for parties and stuff.... :)

It's a little tough to see, but in the picture below, he's really getting some air - he's the guy in the back with the gray shirt and long pants.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home