Monday, August 28, 2006

1st thing in the morning

Well, I've heard that it's a great idea to exercise first thing in the morning because then you get it over with and have the rest of the day to go about your business. I supposed there's also less time during the day with which you can make excuses as to why you won't exercise that day.

So after hearing that, I finally gave in to my husbands plea and woke up with him at 4:45 this morning so that he could go run. I rode my bike along side of him. :) Hey, I'm totally fine with exercising in the afternoon. I really don't want to wake up super early in the morning, so the compromise was that I get to ride instead of run. Plus, I'm going out to the track 3 times a week with my softball girls anyway, so I'll probably still exercise in the afternoon some days.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep up with this early morning routine though. Maybe after a while it'll become a habit. Maybe it'll be easier if I just stop resisting it in my mind. I know DH will be happier if he continues a regular workout routine and I'll be happier if he quits grumbling about gaining weight. Unfortunately, he's not quite self motivated enough to do it on his own which is why he asked me to wake up with him and give him the kick in the butt he needs each morning. So, I'm willing to give it a try and see how it goes. One day down...

1 Comments:

Blogger PetiteMommy said...

I need to get motivated to exercise more. I did really good in the spring and early summer but as it has gotten hotter and the summer is winding down now I'm just not that motivated to go walking. I have been trying to do some spot exercises while watching tv though. Does that count? LOL.

Good luck to you.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home