Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Work time is limited

I don't know about you, but my work time as a work-at-home-mom is limited. I've recently been saving the majority of my work time for my son's nap time. I don't like working when he's awake because then he's left to amuse himself and he wants my attention. So I'm trying to get my "work time" in when he's sleeping and there are no distractions. This forces me to have to be much more organized - I have to know exactly what I want to get done during the 2 hours I have. If I can get in a solid 2 hours of productive time each day, I should be okay. We'll see if I can manage with this format or not. The other option which I'm seriously considering is to wake up earlier in the morning. That may give me another hour of uninterupted work. So if this is not enough, I may try that.

Another option would be a mother's helper. My MIL just told me that my SIL (now a senior) only has a couple classes a day and she wanted her to come by my house after school to help out if she's not working. So maybe I'll put her to use as my mother's helper when she can come by and get more work done that way.

What tips do you have to get the most out of your day?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always a struggle finding that right balance. Good luck with it Stacie. :)

12:48 AM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

I'm always struggling with this same thing. I have to wake up earlier than everyone if I want to have a productive day.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home