Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Birthdays are expensive

Tomorrow is my 2nd daughter's birthday (she'll be 7) and though we're trying not to go nuts with it, it's still expensive!

Her party isn't going to be anything huge, but the other things really add up.

I went to the store today to get something for her to take to school. Then my oldest daughter wanted me to buy cookie dough so that she could make her sister cookies. Then I bought an ice cream cake for us to eat tomorrow. Then I went and bought her a small present we can give her on her actual birthday since her party isn't going to be until Saturday. Then we're planning to take her to dinner tomorrow in celebration of her actual birthday day. I'm also planning to do a little more birthday present shopping for her tomorrow during the day.

All of these "other" things outside of the party are a few hundred dollars.

My goodness! Good thing I just got paid some affiliate commissions through PayPal this week!

She's is so excited about her birthday. It seems like she's been counting down for months. Almost every month she'll say, "Only X more months 'till my birthday." Then once September rolled around, she counted down the days every single day. Today, she mentioned it in the morning, when I picked her up for school, and around dinner time. So I know this is a big deal to her. We have to make her feel extra special tomorrow. She is the 2nd of 4 children and can sometimes get lost in the shuffle. So for me it's super important that we show her just how happy we are that she was born - just as if she were the only one we were blessed with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home