Thursday, November 02, 2006

My back yard is flooded

Whew - we're being hit with some heavy rain today. Actually, there was slight rain on Halloween a bit more yesterday which continued on through the night and had been continuously falling today.

Yesterday was DH's pay day so I had all these plans of paying bills this morning then going out to do grocery shopping today. But with all this rain I really don't feel like going anywhere. I just looked in my back yard and since it's sloped, the area near the fence line (slopes down to the fence) is flooding. I think small ducks could swim in that water.

I do suppose I should be thankful it's not snowing here. Yes, I am glad for that, but we do have a flash flood watch in effect through the afternoon.

According to http://www.prh.noaa.gov/data/HFO/FFAHFO.0611021402

* LOCALLY HEAVY SHOWERS REMAIN POSSIBLE OVER THE ISLANDS TODAY AS THE ATMOSPHERE CONTINUES TO BE MOIST AND UNSTABLE...AND AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE PASSES BY JUST TO OUR NORTH. IN SOME PLACES... THE GROUND IS SATURATED FROM RECENT HEAVY RAINS...SO ANY ADDITIONAL SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL COULD RESULT IN FLASH FLOODING.

* THE CONTINUED HEAVY RAIN HAS INCREASED THE THREAT OF LANDSLIDES. BE ALERT FOR ROAD CLOSURES.

A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS FLASH FLOODING IS POSSIBLE. TAKE PRECAUTIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY. TAKE QUICK ACTION IF A WARNING IS ISSUED OR YOU OBSERVE HEAVY RAIN.

I don't think there will be any softball happening today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home