Monday, November 06, 2006

Business Focus Slipping during the Holidays

I know, many businesses do big business during the holidays and many of the women over at Mom Masterminds are coming up with ways to cash in during the holiday season. I'm sure I could too, but I don't think I'm up for it this year. You see, my business is not really related to something that everyone wants during the holidays. In fact, most softball teams are not even in season during December. So I think if anything, this is my slow time of year. Maybe next year, I'll come up with some kind of cool campaign to increase my holiday commissions (probably having to do with gifts for softball people). But for this year, I'm finding myself a bit distracted because of everything else going on during the holiday season.

We've got Thanksgiving coming up, then my son's 2nd birthday, and then Christmas. Not to mention the fact that I live in one of the few states were softball is in season during the winter. So our high school season is just about to kick into high gear. We've got pre-season tournaments every weekend this month and then our regular season begins on the last Wednesday of December. So it's a very busy month for me.

Gladly, one of the things that does help keep me on track at least a little bit, is Mom Masterminds. I have goals for the month posted there, so I'm finding that this month, I'm having to go back quite frequently to remind myself of what it was I wanted to accomplish in business this month. It's a great tool for me to keep business moving forward even though my energies will probably be more focused elsewhere during this holiday season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home