Saturday, November 12, 2005

Disappointed - 31 inches!

Here's an issue just about all moms can relate to ~ losing baby weight! My SIL asked me to be in her wedding. Therefore, I had to go down to the dress store to get measured. I already knew that my waist wasn't what I'd like it to be, but goodness ~ 31 inches! In high school my waist was 28 inches ~ so I thought 29-30 inches was bad enough. I told the woman who was measuring me that I was still trying to lose baby weight. She said, "Oh, you just had a baby?" I was like, "Well....not exactly, my son will be 1 in Dec."

*sigh* ~ I used to think it was a bit odd when people where still blaming their baby for added weight a full year after giving birth. Now here I am in that same situation. So....I have a new goal! Get down below 30 inches by mid-January (that's when the wedding is). Losing about 7 pounds would be nice too, but I'm more worried about the inches. If I start exercising and don't lose much weight due to muscle gain, that's fine, but I sure better start losing those inches! It sure would be nice to fit back into my pre-pregnancy shorts. I've put off buying bigger shorts because I kept saying I'd get back into those shorts.

After I gave birth to my 3 girls I was back to pre-pg weight in about 2 months and back into my pre-pg clothes by about 6 months. So on top of my son giving me the hardest time during pregnancy as far as aches and pains, he's also been to toughest to get back into shape after.

Anyway ~ that's my new, personal, non-business goal ~ get my waist to measure less than 30 inches by mid-January!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home